Opening of Pool Season Brings First Fatality
With pool season barely getting underway, the Tristate has suffered its first fatality. It's every parent's worst nightmare and this is no different. On June 02, 2019, a toddler in Delhi Township passed away after a pool-related drowning. You can learn more from Fox 19 here: https://www.fox19.com/2019/06/03/child-dies-after-pool-drowning-delhi-township/
Our hearts go out to this family who is suffering the most horrible tragedy we can ever imagine. We also wanted to share some helpful tips to other families who will be spending time with their children at or near a pool in the near future. Although nothing is fail-safe, here are some safety items we think can help you avoid a similar tragedy:
1. Have alarms on all gates or doors that lead to the pool in order to be alerted each time someone enters the area.
2. A non-climbable fence, usually 4 feet or taller, should surround the pool.
3. Never leave a child unattended in or near water.
4. Teach your children to swim
5. Know how to perform CPR on children and adults.
To learn more information on pool safety, watch the video below. You can also contact our office.